3.6.4 The institution defines and publishes requirements for its graduate and post-baccalaureate professional programs. These requirements conform to commonly accepted standards and practices for degree programs. (Post-baccalaureate program requirements)
UNO publishes requirements for all of its master's and doctoral programs annually in The University of New Orleans Catalog (College of Business Administration; College of Education and Human Development; College of Engineering; College of Liberal Arts; College of Science).
The following external organizations and agencies review and approve specialized accreditation of various graduate programs across the University, thus assuring adherence to minimum expectations for the disciplines:
- Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (Master of Business Administration, Executive Master of Business Administration, Master of Science in Accounting, Master of Science in Tax Accounting; Master of Science in Health Care Administration, Ph.D. in Financial Economics)
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (Master of Education in Counseling; Ph.D. in Counselor Education)
- National Association of Schools of Music (MFA Music)
- National Association of School of Art and Design (MFA Art)
- National Association of Schools of Theatre (MFA Theatre and Film)
- National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (Master of Arts in Teaching; Master of Education)
- Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs and Administration (Master of Public Administration)
In addition UNO has affiliations with or designations by agencies that guide curriculum development in specific areas of a discipline. For example, the Department of Computer Science is designated as a National Center for Information Assurance in Teaching and Research. Through that affiliation, the department is advised on graduate curriculum specific to cyber security and information assurance.
|UNO_Catalog||University of New Orleans Catalog|